Organic Plantain Leaf Tea - Buddha Teas
18 Bleach-Free Biodegradable Tea Bags
Herbal Tea and Caffeine-Free
Since prehistoric times, the plantain has been incorporated into herbal remedies, making our Plantain Leaf Tea one worthy of your attention.
- Contains vitamin C
- Contains phenolic acids, which serve as antioxidants
- Contains certain bioactive phytochemicals like baicalein, plantaginin, and hispidulin. These flavonoids containing phytochemicals has potent antioxidants property and also acts as free radical scavengers. This property helps to heal the wound.
- Plantain leaf is effective to limit the growth of multiple bacterial strains, including Streptococcus pneumoniae. Apart from this bacterial strain research findings reported that Plantain leaf has an inhibitory effect against on Bacillus subtilis, Staphylococcus aureus, and Escherichia coli. This herbal remedy also controls fungal infections caused by Candida albicans and Candida tropicalis.
- Has antinociceptive property and effective to control pain symptoms.
- Anti-inflammatory properties
- Retention of urine may due to obstruction of renal ducts leads to discomfort. Plantain leaf acts as a diuretic due to presence of Iridoid compounds and increases the flow of urine. Urine accumulation in the bladder often causes pain. Plantain leaf helps to control this pain symptom also by inhibiting prostaglandins synthesis and acts as an analgesic.
- May help dissolve kidney stones.
Plantain Leaf Tea is known to act as an astringent, a quality known to wring out “wet” conditions, such as diarrhea. Additionally, astringents are reputed to help keep mucus membranes toned.
How to Prepare
Buddha Teas Plantain Leaf Tea needs a good boil and can withstand a long steep, say 5-10 minutes. When the teabag is left in the cup, you may notice a slight cloudiness to the liquid, which indicates you’ll be taking in all the goods this delicious tea has to offer. Take your time drinking this cup of yum, as it won’t bitter, providing you with maximum results hidden within.